Allah

Allah

Monday, June 14, 2010

Can't a Hijabi Get An Education?

Salaam wa alaikum,

As I sat at my work desk today I was playing with my log in for the Graduate program I will start in the fall insha'Allah. I got a big blow to my anxiety threshold when I found out my tuition and fees for 1 class will be $4000. I don't qualify for financial aid because it is a certificate program!!!!!!!!!!!!! How will I pay for this??? I want to go to school more than anything right now. I hate only having a Bachelor's but I couldn't afford to continue.....now I can't afford to go back!!!! Aren't there any scholarships for broke Muslimahs.......??????????? I am so depressed.....I want to get a Saudi Govt scholarship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why doesn't our country send anyone to school??? I want to stop working full time and be able to devote my time to getting my master's degree. I also want to be able to throw myself into my research without having to worry about how to put food on my table and pay my rent. If you have $4000 in disposable income...please donate to the sendkatetocollegeforhermasters fund!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha
Please everyone pray for me that I can find this money somewhere insha'Allah....

Salaam,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment