Allah

Allah

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Giving Up Things for God's Sake

One of the things that I have given up for God's sake is nail polish alhamdillilah. It is something that I personally struggle with because until my conversion...I had my nails done every four weeks! I felt completely naked with my toes "empty". However my roommate informed me that my wudu would not be accepted without it. So I trust her opinion and I have given it up. Yes I know I can wear it a few days out of the month...but it is too much of a hassle for me. I looked at it like a test....and I'll tell you what...being Muslim has made me more confident than I ever have been in my ENTIRE LIFE... NO MAKE UP NO NAIL POLISH UNREVEALING CLOTHES and I STILL feel more beautiful than ever. I used to need that stuff to make me feel confident.I feel like now I am more happy how I am. Thank God for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment