Allah

Allah

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My First Time in Church Since Reverting

My mother runs a Halloween party as a fundraiser for UNICEF every year at the United Methodist church where I am from. She asked me to help her decorate and run the games and stuff. Of course I love my mother dearly, so I felt obligated to help her. I showed up a little nervous because...well duh. I was expecting...what are you for Halloween?'s and all of that. Well my mother assigned me the job of counting money, a task which I happily accepted. I sat counting money while watching the kids play, the magician, and the cake walk. Nobody really mentioned anything except there was this woman I COULD NOT GET RID OF. She kept asking me if I needed her help ( I didn't and I had my cousin there helping), she kept peeking at us and bothering us. Finally she sat down to help, even though my MOTHER is in charge and this lady didn't ask her. I feel she is prejudice because I am a hijabi and my cousin looks Arab. I couldn't believe the nerve, obviously I do not need help, I will receive my Bachelor's in Dec insha'Allah and I used to work at a bank! That shows you how crazy people are though. My poor cousin can't make it through an airport....ah I hope I can change at least a few minds in my life time!

P.S I got my mother to try on hijab...it was FAB! I hope I opened her mind up a bit at least...
May Allah bless you all.....does anyone else have any experience with prejudice???
Salaams,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment