Allah

Allah

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Answered Prayers

Sometimes we pray for things that we aren't sure how they are going to be answered. Sometimes we ask for something specific. I happen to pray for things that my heart desires like most. I was feeling alone and confused. I thought that I was alone in my situation and that I was the only one going through a tough time. Growing is very difficult, especially when it is away from what you have always known. Just as your bones ache as they grow, your soul does when you are changing. It is only healthy to mourn for the future you lost, even if it wasn't the best for you. That is what I am doing, I am going to mourn for the Christmas's I won't have, the baptism my child will never have, and the many beaches and pools I won't enter. I will mourn for the clubs I won't dance in, the man's hands I won't shake, and the best guy friends I won't make. I have to mourn for those things even if they aren't the best for me. I have to mourn them because my past is dying. I am not who I was three, two, or one year ago. My name is still Katie, I still see myself in the mirror. My reflection is still the same, what lies behind the reflection is what has changed. How I look at my reflection is different. I have recieved everything I have prayed for. Each answered prayer might have not come in the package that I predicted, but things generally do not. I have been surprised and delighted with God's plan for me, I have been led through experiences I never dreamed of and been introduced to people I could have never imagined. Thank God for every moment and every second of my life.

1 comment: