Allah

Allah

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hijab Trial

Yesterday I practiced hijab at night...I went to Dunkin Donuts and another Muslim lady happened to come in behind me. She said Salaam and smiled at me. My heart just melted. As I paid for my stuff and walked outside, a man sitting in a car (her husband most likely) also said his Salaams. His face lit up when he saw me...presumably because of the hijab. Now this lady was not covered....but if I had not been covered she never would have known I was Muslim and said hello to me...I feel like we understood each other at that moment. We shared something in common...all of us....even though we are all just going through our daily lives and buying coffee...for that moment....we stopped and shared a moment of appreciation for the things we shared. I believe that is such a beautiful and special thing...I wish that more people understood the good things about Islam...there are many beautiful and wonderous aspects about this religion.


No comments:

Post a Comment