Allah

Allah

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Great Books

My sisters from UMBC threw me a "reversion" party in November, and I received some books as gifts ( as well as a LOT of other things), and I just now am able to read them because my semester just ended ( al hamdililah).

Here are the few I have been able to read, and that I recommend. Hopefully there will be more soon insha'Allah:

2.Muhammad As If You Can See Him by A'id ibn 'abdullah al-Qarni and Faisal ibn Muhammad Shafeeq who is also the author of Don't Be Sad, which I would like to get to reading.....

I love reading biographies of the prophet(pbuh) because I feel like there are many lessons to be learned in knowing his actions and sayings in detail, and in context.

Purification of the Heart, is a great book, and a how-to guide to getting closer to Allah and how to purify your soul. I have not finished it yet, but I have gotten more insight on my flaws, and how I could be a better Muslim.

Salaam wa alaikum everyone,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Salaam alaykum. You didn't tell me that there was a) such a thing as reversion party, and b) that you had one. Surely I would've presented you with something (i.e. an abaya.) Happy Belated Reversion! Is that a proper greeting? I hope so.

    On regard to reading about biography of Prophet Muhamma (Saas,) you must read *Muhammad : His Life Based on the Earliest Sources.* Written by Martin Lings in short two two 3 pages long chapter it's one of the best primar on Muhammad (Saas) life. ISBN 0-04-297042-3.

    And more, now that I have link to your blog. I'll add it to my blog links. You may wish to ask me to remove it.

    ReplyDelete