Allah

Allah

Monday, March 8, 2010

Exploring Alexandria: Part Two

My day started early because my computer was not working (plug?). I set out to the used book store to see if I could get cash or an exchange because I was bored out of my mind with no t.v or computer, (I'm writing this on my apartments public comp). So I set off to the Used Book store that seemed the most interesting. On their webpage it has their cat listed as manager, so I figured they would be pretty fun people. The store I checked out is called Already Used Used Books. It is in Alexandria and more information can be found on their webpage. I was delighted to find their space crammed with books, all looking in great condition, and a non weird smelling store (that is a first for used book stores!). While the owner looked through my books to see if she could arrange anything, I was attacked by their cat. And when I say attacked, I am exagerrated to make this funnier. I was scratched by their cat. They were so embarrassed and said that she never did this but she was 15 years old and that they were so sorry. Their apology was genuine and sincere. I really appreciated the way they acted and they even gave me a discount to boot. I scored 4 barely used books for $7 and some change.I also received over $20 in store credit for my trade in books. I recommend this place despite my injuries because for a book lover like me, I can score cheap books as well as get rid of my old ones. They have a huge selection and are very friendly people. Unlike a lot of used bookstores I have been to, they realize what books are desired and only stock them accordingly. I am under the impression you can also order books new/used through them. Thanks for reading everyone, Salaam wa alaikum!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment