Allah

Allah

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Trusting God

As a new muslim, there are many things that I used to do, that I now know I shouldn't under Islam, and vice versa. As someone who has a non-Muslim past, it can be difficult to understand the reasoning behind the teachings of Islam. I understand it is supposed to to be part of my Deen that I do not question Allah, but sometimes there are things that are difficult for me to understand why I am supposed to be doing something; therefore it is difficult for me to change my ways. However, alhamdililah, Allah has generally delivered me some sort of answer. In my non-Muslim days Jinn bothered me to no end. I did not know what they were at the time, but my mother and I are both bothered by them. When I first became a Muslim, I started praying, and the amount of Jinn activity I was seeing/feeling actually increased. I was told this is because Jinn like to hear the Quran and prayers. However I did not want to be alone with them because I was scared. Even though I recited Quran and made duah for them to go away; I still did not want to be alone. I couldn't quite wrap my head around the fact that God would protect me from them, and if anything wanted to hurt me it was only because God deemed it possible When I moved to Alexandria, I was very worried about being alone, and since I didn't know anyone in the area, I could not call anyone to keep me company. I had to face the Jinn alone. My roomate Miri told me one time that I was NOT alone, and that God was always with me; always had been, and always will be. It took that statement for me to realize that God had been with me at all those other times, and that I was safe. I have never had them bother me since, and I have not ever felt alone. I know Allah is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment