Allah

Allah

Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Minor Workplace Acceptance

We are having a potluck at work....and I don't see any pork on the menu! ....My coworkers stepped it up masha'Allah....

I have just finished Living Islam Outloud: American Muslimahs Speak Out
by Saleemah Abdul Ghafur. I thought it was a very interesting book, however I do have some issues with it....

I feel like these women had bad experiences with Islam...which is more common for women than men unfortunately....


They discussed how women should have the right to sit with men in the masjid without a curtain or screen; and that women should not wear hijab because of social pressures and such.

I feel like their intentions are correct and that they are very good people and women and they are doing their best to promote women's rights.

However what I do disagree with is the fact that these women are taking certain peoples (namely certain men) and their interpretation of Islam, and letting it ruin their experience. Everyone knows their own relationship with God. No one can tell you how you rank in the eyes of Allah, or whether or not you are going to heaven.

People will tell you that you are doing things wrong in any religion. You have to listen to your heart and people that you trust for advice. Intention is the greatest indicator for me. If someone just wants to judge you...you can tell. If someone just wants to make themselves feel better about the things they are doing wrong...you can tell.

People will ALWAYS judge you. I know I should be looking in the mirror when I say this because actions/reactions of people do matter to me ...(more than they should God help me)....however...we should work to NOT CARE.

God is the only thing that matters. Allah will guide you to do the things that are best for you. I have trouble wearing hijab in my hometown. But I'm at peace with God because Allah knows what is in my heart.

I hope God gives us strength to not worry so much about peoples opinions of us insha'Allah...






2 comments:

  1. As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullaah uhkti.
    Alhamdulliaah !....well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alaikum salaam :) Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete