Allah

Allah

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mustafa Center and Dar al Hijrah

Salaam wa alaikum,

I have tried these two masjids in my area: Dar al Hijrah and Mustafa Center.

Dar al Hijrah

Dar al Hijrah is a beautiful masjid. They have a balcony for women and the the men are downstairs. The building is very majestic and neat and clean. There is a very decent amout of people that show up for every prayer. I have not stayed for any khutba or halaqa. There are a lot of events and even a school for children masha'Allah. The only comment I have is because the mosque is so big, it lacks intimacy.

Mustafa Center

Very small and difficult to find! I got lost trying to spot this from the street. Very small but so friendly and very clean and I got a sense of community from this masjid. Most everyone said their salaams to me and I just felt welcome. They also have a community board where you can post things without having to go through any admin. I will def come here again.




No comments:

Post a Comment