Allah

Allah

Monday, May 17, 2010

Hijabi Haircut

http://baileysspa.com/

Bailey's Spa

This weekend in my exploration of Alexandria, I stumbled upon a hijabi friendly salon. As I made my way to Dunkin Donuts to get some iced coffee (yum)...I spotted a salon in the same shopping center. I walked in to get a brochure and check the prices; I was greeted by a lovely Egyptian woman. She exclaimed: "I was just about to go get you!". She had seen me parking and wanted to let me know that they had a private room for hijabis to get their hair cut. I was very happy however I have discovered in the past that spas that are hijabi friendly are also out of my price range. I smiled and grabbbed a brochure, willing to peek at it later. As I walked to get my coffee, I started to look at the prices. Very reasonable...$40 for a haircut.....$25 for a pedi......$15 for eyebrows.....I was sold. After getting my coffee and veggie scramble I went in to make an appointment for the next day for a haircut and an eyebrow waxing. As I arrived I was greeted by a lovely Pakistani woman. She said she was going to thread my eyebrows. As my heart jumped into my throat I protested that I wanted it waxed because of the pain. She said don't worry my hands are quick. She was so right....it didn't hurt very much at all, it was over in a few minutes, and the results were fantastic. This look could not be acheived by waxing. It is so clean and pretty! She then took me to the back to cut my hair. I then asked for a pedicure. Everyone took their time and made sure the job was done right. I also had great conversation with the owner's wife. I enjoyed visiting a Muslim owned salon and really can't wait for my next visit. I will try the massage next time! I'm so happy to have found a Muslim owned salon that is hijabi friendly and economical! :)

Salaam,

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Salaams Katie,

    I know it's been two and a half years since you posted this but, where do you get your haircut now? I have recently relocated to the DC Metro area and I'm looking for a hijabi friendly location. I looked at Bailey's Spa when I was in Falls Church last week but it looks like they have closed. :(

    Jazak Allah Khayr for your help!

    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam wa alaikum,

    They did close down actually :( Although I do not live in the area now, there was a halal meat store on Pickett..I cant remember the name but it was in the same plaza as the Big Bite Pizza and the Quizno's...there was a lady that cut hair above that halal store...sorry it took so long to write!

    ReplyDelete