Allah

Allah

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Oil Spills

Salaam wa alaikum,

I'm sure you all have heard about the tragedy with the oil spills in the Gulf of Mexico. This is going to impact the Gulf fishing/shrimp industry and it will hit them very hard. I feel like this is a failure of responsibility on the oil industry's part. BP has still not stopped the tanker from leaking. If you are transporting/carrying something so dangerous.....over a medium of survival.....where are your safety regulations/precautions. Why haven't they stopped the oil from pouring into the Gulf? This is really making me sick to my stomach to think about. My environmental science department head ( who shall remain nameless) made a comment and prediction that if trends are to continue the worlds oceans will be empty in 50 years. Because of our lack of care for our resources....will it even last that long??????? Is making money so important that one would be willing to give up shrimp for the rest of eternity? Why aren't these people being prosecuted and held accountable???? If I was to ruin that many peoples livlihood, and destroy that much ecological treasure...I would be in jail!!! Why are these big companies not being held responsible for their actions. Just like banks....in this country banks are so corrupt. They use riba to become extremely wealthy....and the do not care about the people that are being evicted. I am so sick of the financial set up of this country. People are held responsible and fined for having garbage in their fenced in yard.....however if I dump a tanker of oil in the Gulf....I can get away with it????? If a doctor made a mistake that affected that many lives he would lose his license to practice......why should BP be allowed to be a business anymore if they cannot correct their mistakes. What is going on with this country????? I just don't understand the situation at hand, and why the big businesses are surviving in this economy...LET THEM FAIL! People work hard for their money and have it taken away by banks and big businesses. This corruption stinks.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment